background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

freedom

Last night was an experiment.

Rana wakes us up by barking every morning between 5:35 and 5:45, very irritating. (We kennel her at night.) One of us gets up because we don't want her waking the kids and we want our spouse to be able to sleep a little longer in peace. Yesterday Yago and I were talking about it. We both felt like we were reinforcing Rana's bad behavior by trying to be thoughtful. Yago asked what I thought about just leaving her out at night. I was afraid she'd chew up a bunch of stuff while we slept (she's still teething).

We agreed to put her in the kennel but leave the door open. I heard her get out in the wee hours last night but she let me sleep until 6:30 or so. At that point she stuck her wet nose on me and woke me up. That's progress. Also, she didn't destroy anything with chewing.

I took her to get licensed a couple of days ago and the lady asked if her name was a Star Trek reference. ??? I explained that she had the name when we got her and I didn't know where it came from. Maybe Jessica could explain the Star Trek thing...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sorry...just catching up on the blog (finally). Were you asking me about a Star Trek reference? Star Wars I can do, but I was never much of a Star Trek fan.

I had a Turkish friend in high school whose sister's name was Rana. That's about the best I can do...