background

Monday, June 22, 2009

moved on

I discovered the other day that most all the blogs I used to read when I was in Germany are gone. It's like finding out that some people you used to hang out with up and moved, never to be heard from again.

I'd quit checking most of them because they'd quit making regular entries. The other day I decided to go check on them when I discovered they no longer exist. Now I wonder what and how they're doing.

This week is supposed to be awful weather here, close to 100 degrees with a lot of humidity. Miserable. I had my plan to go swimming but the pools aren't cooperating. The pools open at 12:00, that's when we're wrapping up lunch and starting the midget's nap. We're going to have to readjust the study sessions, lunch and nap to accommodate the recreation.

Yago's brother and his wife came up here to see some College World Series game last weekend. Aah, to be young without kids. Those two slept until 9:00 every morning. That seems strange to me now. On Saturdays I usually lay in bed until 8:00 but I can't remember the last 9:00 morning I had. It certainly predates Ralphie.

Bug and Schmitty are trying to convince me that they both read five hours over the weekend. I find that hard to believe. I believe they read but I think they're fudging their sheets for free loot from the library. Can I prove they're lying? No.

Well I have some worksheets to put together...

1 comment:

Mickity said...

I'm sure the loot from the library is just too irresistable