I was running home yesterday to bring more beer over to the neighbor's house when I realized I had shark burps. I thought that was pretty funny. They made shark empanadas that were a-maz-ing. I watched Carlos press the dough, fill them, seal them, and then fry 'em. Yummy.
I thought it was just going to be our two families but they had a BUNCH of people over. It was quite an international affair: Columbians, El Salvadorans, Mexicans, Venezuelans and a Vietnamese guy for good measure. Oh, and some gringos! ;^) They all brought food too... Grilled carne with tortillas warmed on the grill, rice from the Columbians, some avocado sauce from someone else... The Vietnamese family donated the fresh fish. They stuffed it with shrimp, bell pepper, mushrooms and seasoning, then wrapped it in foil and threw it on the grill. Oh my, it was a gastro-paradise.
I heart them. I ate like a queen for free. We brought over butterscotch brownies but that was it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sounds fabulous
Post a Comment