I'm frustrated with recent developments in gov't. So much so that I can't listen to NPR or talk shows. I'm giving up.
I'm starting to believe that most people are receiving medical care for conditions that are preventable. Maybe preventable conditions shouldn't be covered by any insurance. If you have diabetes because you're fat, perhaps you should have to be a healthy weight to get medical care, to include medicine. I work with a guy on a zillion meds basically because he's fat, refuses to exercise, and smokes. He had a heart attack last year followed by bipass surgery. Why should anyone have to pick up the slack (help pay his medical bills) when he's constantly stuffing pork rinds and cheese danishes in his face? Of course he's anti-health care because he's retired military on Tricare. He's convinced the only people denied access are lazy, unemployed, welfare recipients. I guess he doesn't realize those people are already COVERED by Medicaid.
I also think hospitals and doctors should post the prices of every single procedure or exam. You can choose what doctor you see, what tests you get, and where you get them. If you don't want to give up your cheese danishes and cigarettes you can make an informed decision and know how much they're costing you. I mean that's free-market capitalism at its finest, right?
And? Don't even get me started on the Supreme Court. I can't wait until the US becomes a third world country with no middle class.
And why is congress so completely impotent?
I realize, of course, my plan isn't a good one but I'm annoyed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah - I cannot really stand listening to the media anymore. I'm not really sure what is wrong with our government. Maybe its that all the sane people stay out and the crazies are the only ones stupid enough to get involved anymore. And what is up with Massachusetts?
I'm kinda with you on the health care thing too. Sometimes you have to charge people just to make them value it. I'll change my mind on this though if I start eating pork rinds.
Post a Comment