In the early 90s my squadron deployed to Eglin in anticipation of invading Haiti. We didn't invade and when everyone finally came back the trip was dubbed "The Haitian Vacation". They flew a couple of times but mostly the crews came back with drinking and strip club stories. I didn't go because I was still in training but I remember Jessica went. She was kind of bummed because she was underage at the time.
I got an email from the Reserves asking for volunteers to go to Haiti. I really wish I could go, understanding that it would never be called a Haitian Vacation. I tossed the idea around for a bit before I realized I couldn't do that to my family. I wish I could though. I feel like there's always a reason that I miss out on that kind of stuff.
I started bootcamp again, I went for the first time in over a month yesterday. My golly, I'm sore!
I'll be watching the election returns in MA today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm jealous. I wish someone would call me and ask me to go.
And you could actually go!
Post a Comment