background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

gala season

Schmitty's Golden Gala is coming up the first weekend in May. This year's theme is buried treasure with the attire listed as "casual chic" or come as your favorite pirate. ??? Really, I don't have a favorite pirate. Maybe Captain Featherhead from the Wiggles or something. Casual chic? What does that mean to rich people?

Last year's theme was island party. I just wore capris, nice t-shirt, and sandals. But this is a tad more complicated. Yago thought we should go all out and be pirates but I'm not comfortable with that. Factor in the expense and I'm not really "on board". Casual chic I may wear again if I figure out what it means.

Last night Yago looked it up. I had said I thought it just meant no jeans and t-shirts. He thought chic meant black. The website he found suggested some dark jeans with a trouser cut and quality accessories, to include a fedora or thick gold bracelet. I giggle to myself thinking of Yago wearing a thick gold bracelet.

I'm thinking the hand me down black shirt Mickity gave me for some Del Rio clubbing* with some black dress pants and strappy high heels. In fact, I decided that will be my outfit this morning. Perhaps I'll get (or even make) some accessories to make it interesting but I'm 95% sure that's what I'll wear.

I know, I know. This was a fascinating post. You're welcome.

*I'm wearing said shirt in the wine and cheese party picture on fb.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

I don't remember giving you that shirt. I don't even remember that shirt. It looks fetching though so obviously I'm a good friend for giving it to you.

Yago def needs to wear a thick gold bracelet and I want pictures.

For the gala I am recommending eye patches and clip-on shoulder parrots.

Waldo said...

Obviously. :)

Um, I've never heard of a clip-on parrot but I guess when you live in LV such things don't sound so strange.