Yesterday I started making what will be a schedule for myself. I felt much more "on task" yesterday. I need to schedule play time in there and some work with the alphabet and counting for Jake.
I enrolled in two classes yesterday. They're economics classes that will count toward an International Relations degree. If I finish those classes and decide to switch my major to Economics I could do that as well. I've been trying to figure out what to do because I realize an IR degree isn't all that useful unless I plan to work for the State Dept. I think I read somewhere a while back that there was an age limit on entering the State Dept though... Anyway, I could do Economics and use that anywhere (it's similar to an MBA) but I'm not sure I'd be as interested in it as IR. When I finished my undergrad I swore I'd do something I wanted to do, not just check a box. That's why I'm leaning toward IR right now. Plus? Maybe it'll come in handy when Yago and I join the Peace Corp in 16 years. ;)
In other news, Yago almost died riding his bike home Tuesday afternoon. It had been threatening to storm all day but by 5:30 I was pretty frightened. I tried calling his work number to come pick him up but he'd already left. I decided to wait at home because I wouldn't be able to get to him on the bike trail anyway. By the time I decided to go find him the rain started and it was seriously raining sideways. I hadn't seen anything like it since the hurricane I rode out in Biloxi about eight years ago. Luckily by the time I pulled out of the garage he was on our street. He got inside when the tornado sirens started going off. Yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment