This past weekend we sentenced Schmitty to 24 hours of solitary confinement except for meals. He spent Friday afternoon and evening giving me plenty of lip and yelling at everyone. Yago was so angry he couldn't even talk to him. We decided to make up the guest room and put him in there with nothing, no books or toys. He's been charming since 7:30 Saturday night. I think it was way more effective than any lecture or other punishment we could have given.
I can't believe the 4th is coming up already. My in-laws will be here Saturday evening and leave Tuesday morning, they're troopers for driving up again. They came a couple of weeks ago for a wedding. There's supposed to be a huge block party including homemade fireworks. I've been told it's amazing (we're usually out of town on the 4th so we've never seen it) but I anticipate Ralphie hating the noise and becoming a quivering mess.
I think this morning we'll head to the zoo and then go to the pool after lunch and naps. Maybe I'll get some studying done this afternoon, my class starts in a week and a half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Solitary confinement, huh? That sounds like an idea that might work on a certain 4 year old I know.
Heh. You may want to run it by his mama first. :)
Post a Comment