Today is another snow day, Schmitty is one lucky kid. I don't remember getting that many snow days growing up. I remember praying for them frequently but I don't recall actually getting that many.
We painted the downstairs bathroom over the weekend. Yago removed the border that had been painted over by the previous owners and then sanded the walls. There are a couple of spots that will require touch-ups but it looks pretty good. Maybe today I'll start one of the upstairs bathrooms. I'm feeling ambitious and grubby. Ambitious may be overstating it...
Yesterday I bought groceries and had some difficulty finding what I wanted. First, organic peanut butter without palm oil and other crap. What's wrong with just organic peanuts and salt? Second, shrimp that's not from Thailand. I just don't trust it. I finally found some from the US but it wasn't easy. Third, domestic salmon that doesn't cost an arm and leg. I finally settled on some from Iceland. Iceland has standards, right? When did grocery shopping get so complicated? I asked about the availability of rabbit at the meat counter, I got quite a reaction. Rabbit isn't such a strange choice in some parts of the world, I saw it regularly in Germany. If I can buy pig face at a local Hy-Vee, why is rabbit strange? I'm curious as to how it would taste when not prepared over a fire at survival school.
I'm going to go find a can of paint. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have weird shopping habits
Well, I can't just hang at the cheese counter with a basket full of wine anymore... Stupid kids demand food. :)
Post a Comment