Yago thinks I'm crazy for dreaming of having a home library one day. I've got about 70 leather-bound books that I'm hanging on to in anticipation of the day that I have a dark, mahogany library that boasts a giant crackling fireplace and a huge leather chair with a cashmere blanket careless slung across it. Insert a small table with a snifter of expensive brandy and you get the idea. What's wrong with that? I kind of gave up on owning a boat and having a posh in-ground pool. Well, the pool thing I haven't totally given up on but I'll settle for a canoe instead of a big speed boat. Maybe the house will be on a lake surrounded by mountains. Is this too much to ask?
Yago insists I can have the same experience at the public library. (?????) I don't even know how to respond to that. I think he's crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I agree with you. To me, the environment you described sounds cozy -which is what people want their homes to feel like. Public libraries aren't cozy. That place in your dream sounds very nice!:) -KB
Cozy! One of my favorite words...
For the record, that's one for me and zero for Yago. ;)
Another for you...in fact, I'm voting on those 2-story book shelves and you have to have a ladder on rollers that rolls around the shelves on a track. And don't forget the couch. Chairs are nice, but couches are better.
Post a Comment